Thursday, September 1, 2011

Respect

What is respect?

We are taught from a young age to respect our elders, parents, friends, belongings, etc. But what do you do when you get disrespected all the time?

Should you be disrespected for what you wear? How young you look?

I have been dealing with people disrespecting me because of my age for as long as I can remember. It's tough being a young mom as it is and being told what I should wear and how I should raise my kids bothers me. I thought by now in my life that people would see me as a peer not a child that they have to talk down to.

My feeling with respect is: you give respect to earn respect. It's hard to show respect to someone who treats you horrible or indifferent. I know that you're supposed to treat people the way you want to be treated but that is a hard thing to do.

This is one thing in my life that I need to work on.


No comments:

Post a Comment